Saturday, May 17, 2014

Miscellaneous Stuff About the Kids

Hey boo,

How's it going?

Here is some miscellaneous stuff about the kids:

Some of the things the girls say just make me smile.

When I ask Charlotte a question (like, do you want pancakes or waffles for breakfast?), she thinks and says "Ummmm... Pancakes!"  It's just so funny that she says "Ummm..." while she's thinking.  Do I say that a lot?  Where did she learn it?

This is how Charlotte counts: "3, 7, 8, 3, 7, 8, 3, 7, 8..."  For example, we read A Perfect Home for Bunny, and I have her count how many ducks are on one of the pages, "3, 7, 8..." every time, without fail.  Sometimes I correct her, sometimes I just smile and say OK...

Violet has started calling me "Mom."  Really, just Mom already? I miss Momma or Mommy... But now it's always "I need my nose wipe, Mom!" "I took my pants off, Mom!" "I scared a bug, Mom!"

Violet has also started asking "Why?" for EVERYTHING.  Really, already with the Why's?...
Me: "We have to put our shoes on now."
Violet: "Why?"
Me: "Because we are going to play outside."
Violet: "Why?"
Me: "So you guys can run fast and jump."
Violet: "Why?"
Me: "So you can use up your energy."
Violet: "Why?"
Me: "Just because."
Violet: "Oh."
I think I need to just start out with the "Just because" answer right away... :-P

Will is so much smarter than I think he is.  Seriously, I underestimate him so much!  I just can't remember what the girls were like at his age.

He sees me put socks on the girls, and he'll go to the sock drawer to get socks.  Sometimes they are his socks, sometimes they are his sisters, but he gets them and puts them by his feet, like he's trying to put them on.

I can ask him to give me a hug, or a kiss, and he knows what to do.  I love his hugs and kisses so much!

I've started playing the Disney Pandora station, and if we are singing and dancing, he does this cute dance where he wiggles his butt and shakes his arms from side to side.  I need to get it on video, it is so cute and hilarious at the same time.

Anyways, I've been meaning to tell you these things, I just keep forgetting.

I miss you.  A lot.

Lovebuckets!

No comments:

Post a Comment