Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I'm Sick

Hey boo,

How's it going?  I'm sick...

It started yesterday.  I was feeling pretty achy all over and in my head.  I go feel my throat starting to be weird.

Then as I was sleeping last night, I was having the chills so bad.  I turn the heat up at night for the babies, but I was an ice cube.

When I woke up this morning, I felt horrible.  It hurt so bad to swallow, and I ached everywhere!  I had planned on bringing some cold medicine to take at work, but I forgot it.  So I stopped at the gas station on the way in to possibly buy a little 1 dose pack of it, but they didn't have that kind there.

So, when I got to work, I actually called our Health Services Clinic!  I've never used them for being "sick."  And I still wasn't sure if I really was sick.  Typically for how I was feeling, I would never go to the doctor, I'd just take some medicine and wait it out.  But now I'm super paranoid about sicknesses.  So I figured it didn't hurt to go.  It's only $5 for me to go.

I'm glad I went!  I found out I have strep throat!!!  I can't remember ever having that, even as a child.  I know I've been tested for it before, but it never came out positive.  They said it was VERY positive, they could see the results before the test was even completed.

So, he prescribed me penicillin!  I've never taken that!  I feel all old school taking penicillin.  It reminds me of like the Civil War or something and getting gangrene...  I know, that's silly.  :-)  But yeah, I picked up my prescription from a little pharmacy in downtown Zeeland over lunch today.  I have to take it 3 times/day for 10 days.  Yikes!

So, I was wondering where I got strep throat from??? It seems likely that it came from the kids.  Looking back over the weekend, this might explain their fussiness and not wanting to eat.  They have also been super boogery.  So, I called the pediatrician and set up an appointment for all 3 of them to go in tomorrow morning to get checked.  You know that I don't typically do that either!  But now I understand that it's better to be safe than sorry.

Anyways, so I'm feeling pretty miserable.  And of course I miss you like crazy.  I just want you here to comfort me.  I hate hate HATE this.

Sigh...

I miss you. A lot.  Always.  Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment