Saturday, June 14, 2014

All Sorts of Randomnes

Hey boo,

How's it going?

I forget what things I've told you about the kids lately...

Did I tell you how Charlotte likes to add a consonant sound to the end of words that end in a vowel sound?  For example, a "bow" (like hair bow) is a "bowt".  Or pee is peep.  Or zoo is zoon.  It's cute.  Violet does it for some things too (like zoo/zoon).

Will is just getting so much more communicative... If that makes sense?  Like, he can get his point across better to me, and let me know what he wants.  He kind of says some words, ball, dog, cat, night-night... Of course, all of these don't sound exactly like to word, but I can tell that's what he's saying.  He can definitely say "more" though. It's super cute because he does the baby sign for it too. "More more more?"  It's like when Charlotte first learned the baby sign for "eat" and she do it and make a little "mmm" noise.  Of course I had to give Charlotte something to eat when she was so cute doing it!  So of course Will gets more when he asks so cute too!

I'm still stuck in a rut.  I'm just blah-er than usual, if that makes sense.  It's hard to pull myself out of it, because there isn't really anything brighter to pull myself out to.  You know what I mean?  Like, I'm not looking forward to anything, nothing really makes me feel truly happy.

I don't know, it's just like, same shit, different day.

I always keep myself busy with all my silly little projects.  Right now it's working on my other blog.  I don't know what my plans are for it, but it would be cool if it could make some money.  Blogging is kind of the perfect thing for a passive-aggressive introvert like me.  I can say whatever I want and I never have to deal with people.  I can spend hours trying to get the wording just right.

I could officially become a "hobbit" if I was a real blogger. :-)  Remember one time I was like, "I just want to be a hobbit."  And you were like, "What?!?!  What are you talking about?!?"  And I was like, "Because I'd never have to deal with anyone ever.  I just want to stay in the house forever!"  And you laughed and said "Isn't that a 'hermit'?"  And I looked at you realizing you were right, and we laughed!  And from then on, we just always used the term 'hobbit' instead of 'hermit.'

Anyways, more about the kids... So, I've kinda realized that I hardly give the kids physical affection anymore.  Like, I give them hugs and kisses when I drop them off at daycare, or if they get an owie.  And of course they are always fighting to sit in my lap.  But I've realized I'm never really connecting with them.  Does that make sense?

I had this little breakthrough yesterday, when Violet came to sit in my lap, and she was kind of it in like baby, so it was like I was holding her like she was a baby (a big baby!).  And I started rocking her and humming to her, and I realized, when is that last time I did this?!?!  Fortunately Charlotte and Will were playing OK on their own, so I just sat there and hummed and rocked Violet for a few minutes.  She loved it, she just snuggled right into my chest.  I miss good snuggles...

Then when I was trying to get the kids go down to nappy, Charlotte did not want to sleep.  So I finally picked her up out of her crib, and she put her head on my shoulder, and I just rocked her again to the lullaby music on their radio that plays during naptime.  Again, she loved it.  After a few minutes, I was able to put her in her crib, and she layed down with no arguments.

And when they woke up and I went to pick her up out of her crib, she gave me a big hug and a kiss!  I almost started crying.  It just doesn't seem like that has happened in a while.

Ok, I guess that's enough of my randomness for now.  I don't feel like proof-reading this, so ignore all of the mistakes.

Hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment