Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I'm Kinda Over Facebook...

Hey boo,

How's it going?

I'm kinda feeling over Facebook... I know, shocking, right?!?!?  ME, the Facebook addict, is sick of it?!?!  Cuh-razy...

But seriously, I'm just scrolling through my newsfeed, and I'm just like, meh, who cares?  I know, I sound like the biggest hypocrite ever because how many times have I posted something that is "who cares" worthy? Too many to count.

My little Facebook "community" has been wonderful since you died.  So I feel bad dissing it, or giving up on it.  Because seriously, I'm friends with some really AMAZING people.

But I'm just tired of it.  Tired of reading complaints about things that now seem incredibly unimportant to me.  Again, totally hypocritical of me, because I've complained A LOT about little things, and I STILL know that I complain.  But maybe this "over it" attitude is because I'm at a point where I've got enough stress and crazyness going on in my own life, that I just can't handle adding other people's stresses to my thoughts.  Who knows?

I'm also tired of being jealous of seeing happy faces.  Seeing families go out and do all these fun things.  Seeing couples go on dates.  Seeing daddies with their children.  It just makes me think "I remember what 'happy' feels like... maybe..." I know I was happy once, but it's all just a memory now...

Plus, it's obviously a big time-waster.  "Ain't nobody got time for that."   Maybe by cutting down on FB, I'll start sleeping more, because I'll be able to get everything done sooner... Who knows?

But I still need to use it as a way to keep in touch with people...

And I use it so I don't feel like I'm talking to myself all of the time...

So I guess I'll still post stuff...  And if people are like 'meh, who cares?' then they can just scroll on by it, or unfriend me, or boycott me, or hide my stuff, or whatever.  I know the people who do care will take notice.  And of course I need to post pics of the kiddos for your parents and the rest of the family!

Anyways, that's just the way I'm feeling right now.  I guess the moral of the story is that I'm probably not going to be following my newsfeed as much, but still posting my thoughts/comments/pics when I feel like.

I'm sure I'll be back on FB as much as ever again soon!  This is probably just a weird phase... Maybe they should update the "stages of grief" (denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance, or something like that...) to include "withdrawal from social media."  Ha, I'm hilarious.

But of course, I still love Pinterest! :-)

Missing you always.

Hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment