Monday, October 14, 2013

The Dishwasher Broke

Hey Boo,

How's it going?

So remember that one time when we would try to turn on the dishwasher and it would give a little error code and beep at us?  Well, it started doing it again... ugh...

Technically, I could wash the dishes by hand and just let the dishwasher be broken for a while, but that would just really suck.  Especially with all Will's bottles...

So, I Googled the error (LE error on an LG dishwasher), and found a Youtube video of a guy troubleshooting that type of error.  Score!

The video was a pretty good explanation, and I do know how to use a screwdriver (Like, totally!  Te-he!  Oh wait, isn't that an alcoholic drink?  [hair flip] Te-he Te-he!).  So, I probably could have unscrewed the front panel and looked at the wires... but that's probably about it (I hated all my required electrical engineering classes, it is just not my thing.  Capacitors.  Resistors.  Solder these wires.  Blah blah blah.  I'll show you where you can put this soldering iron! :-P).

So anyways, I posted the video on Facebook, asking if someone could fix it, half joking/half serious... I figured if someone thought they could fix it, then score, and if not, then I could deal with it later and just wash dishes by hand...

But somebody did offer to look at it!  Yay!  It's really hard for me to accept help from others, it's a serious hit to my pride, but this time, I really needed/wanted it.  So the next day, a friend from high school came over, looked at it, found the problem, and fixed it!!!  Woohoo!  I was so happy and so thankful!  He even offered to come back again soon to do a more permanent fix (because our dishwasher is stupid and the problem will keep happening).  That was so nice and generous!

So yeah, that's what's been going on.  I wish you were here to do all the manly stuff around the house...

Hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment