Saturday, March 1, 2014

Mommy-Daddy Date Days

Hey boo,

How's it going?

I forgot that I wanted to tell you my idea so I don't forget...

So, remember how we used to have Mommy-Daddy Date Days, where we would send the kids to school, but take a vacation day from work. That way we didn't have to worry about getting a sitter, but still get time with just us, away from the kids.

Anyways, I NEVER get one-on-one time with any of the kids.  And that's not fair to them.  I feel like I'm always telling someone to "hang on" or "wait a minute" because I'm changing someone else's diaper, or comforting someone because they got hurt, or who knows what else.

It's not fair to me either.  I love our babies and I want focused time with each one.  I hate always being scatterbrained and rushed, and my attention divided in 3 different directions... I feel like I'm missing out on these precious days of baby-hood and toddler-hood.

So, I decided I'm going to do some Mommy-Kid Date Days this spring.

Hopefully by the time May roles around, I'll still have enough vacation time left...  But I'll take a whole week off (so 3 days), and each day I will keep one kid OUT of daycare, but still send the other 2 TO daycare.  And then I will have 1 whole day focused on that baby!

Sounds like a good plan, right?

My only concern is the girls.  They NEVER have time apart.  I think it might be a freak-out situation when I leave one at daycare and bring the other one home with me...  I'll have to think about the logistics of that whole thing soon.

I figured I'd do it in May when it's warmer out, because then we could do something fun.  Our kick-ass neighbors got our family a zoo membership for Christmas.  So I was thinking I could bring each kid to the zoo, since we can go as often as we want.  I might get sick of the zoo, but I think the kids will love it.  And I'd hope they like spending time with me too!

So yeah, remind me that I'm going to do this.  And I need to figure out how many vacation days I have left!

Ok, hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment