Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Winter

Hey boo,

How's it going?  I am pretty darn sick of winter right now.

I am incredibly disconnected from the rest of the world.  Sometimes I'm like, whoa, the world is still turning?  So I pretty much have no clue what's going on out there.  And that always causes the weather to be a big surprise to me each day!

It's been "warming up" a little for the past few days.  But this morning, I open the garage, and I see that it snowed overnight.  Bleh...

And it was slippery out!  I almost rear-ended a car just leaving our neighborhood.  I seriously had to bail out and turn into the right-turn lane (I was planning on turning left) so that I didn't hit him.  I hope he doesn't think I'm too much of an idiot.

There were also 2 cars in the ditch just outside of our neighborhood.  I never would have been able to turn left anyways, so I guess it's kind of a good thing that I ended up going right... There was also a car in a huge snowbank just across the street from the kids daycare.  So yeah, the roads sucked.

So, sometimes the "positive" that I see in our situation is that at least I'm not worrying about you driving to work in the mess that this winter has been.  I don't think the Civic would do very well on all those country north/south roads where the drifts are horrible.

Remember how I would FREAK out if you didn't respond to my email of "Hey boo, how's it going?  Did you make it to work OK?"  If I didn't hear from you within 30-45 minutes of when you should have arrived at work, I would start calling your cell phone.  If you didn't answer, then I'd call your office phone.  And if you didn't answer, I would repeat that probably every 10 minutes!  And then I'd eventually get an email from you saying that you had to run to a meeting first thing so you didn't get a chance to check in... Ugh... Those times were the worst!

But really, I'd MUCH rather worry about your drive, than have you not here... So I guess it's not really a positive at all...

Hey, have I told you that I miss you yet?  Oh, well I do.  Times a million.

Hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment