Monday, March 17, 2014

Smart Kids

Hey boo,

How's it going?

So, I have no idea what kids are supposed to know when and whatnot, but sometimes, they just blow me away and make me think they are super smart.  But of course, there are also times that I see other people's kids, and I'm like, whoa, that kid is a genius, I need to teach our kids that!

Anyways, so you know how the girls LOVE books.  Like, it's their favorite toy (although it's diminished a little since you died because I don't read to them as much, blah, I suck.)  Well, they can totally "read" their favorite books.  It's just by pictures, but still, they know the words!  Like, "There's a Wocket in my Pocket", they tell me that there is a "bofa on the sofa" when I get to that page.  And for "3 Little Pigs", Violet tells me when they are staying home, or going "wee-wee-wee".  And then yesterday, I was reading them "Wherever You Are, My Love Will Find You" (saddest. book. ever. For me at least...) and Violet was all telling me "if working... playing... sitting with friends"  and "paint til you blue" and "dance til you dizzy!", and just all sorts of stuff from that book.

Basically, I was super impressed.

I have no idea if that's normal or behind or ahead, but either way, I think it's pretty amazing.  It is absolutely incredible to watch these kids learn new things.

I just wish you were here to see it all.

I miss you.

Hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment